Air Quality and Climate Change
Attorneys in Practice
California businesses are subject to a maze of federal, state, and local air quality regulations. Barg Coffin attorneys are experts in this complex area, including air quality compliance counseling, permitting, litigation, and vapor intrusion and indoor air quality matters. Whether it concerns the federal Clean Air Act, California's air resources laws, or implementation of the rules and regulations of the regional and county air quality management districts throughout California, our air quality attorneys are prepared to address any matter that arises.
In addition, we bring together an array of disciplines to counsel clients on the rapidly evolving and growing area of climate change law, including federal and state efforts to regulate greenhouse gases. Our climate change practice includes assisting clients with compliance under California's AB 32 greenhouse gas legislation and federal climate change initiatives, and the implications of climate change on environmental review under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), and endangered species laws. We also advise clients regarding greenhouse gas emissions credits and offset trading programs.
Our attorneys have specific experience representing and advising clients regarding:
- Local air district requirements for Authorities to Construct/Permits to Operate
- Title V permitting, including New Source Review (NSR), Prevention of Significant Deterioration (PSD) and New Source Performance Standards (NSPS) regulations
- Defense of government enforcement actions, administrative proceedings, and citizen suits
- Compliance with National Emissions Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAPS)
- Cap and trade programs, and emissions banking
- Environmental justice aspects of air permitting